Sunday, January 01, 2012

Sitting With Santa - Michelle

Welcome to the New Year !
A quick, late post from me...once again, showcasing October Afternoon Holiday Style.


I have used quite a few techniques in this layout, even though it comes across as relatively simple ! Firstly, I have used a 10 year old photograph - nothing like using up those older photos ! I have also used the May Arts Red Burlap String to make bows for the decorations.


I have used "fussy cutting" to make the decorations and then mounted them using Magic Mount to give them dimension off the page.


I have used lots of different alphas from the alpha sticker sheet and traced around them with a black pen to make them stand out against the green cardstock.


And finally, I added a Prima flower to the journal card to give a 3D effect (there is actually a printed poinsettia on the journal card), and I used the Prima Flower packaging to decorate the chipboard bell !

Supplies for this layout from the Scraploot Online Store, where you can also get 20% off storewide until 8th January 2012 - don't miss some great prices:
OA Holiday Style Papers - Deck the Halls, Merry & Bright
OA Holiday Style 12x12 Alpha Stickers
OA Holiday Style Word Stickers
OA Holiday Style Journal Cards
OA Holiday Style Miscellany (Chipboard Bell)
OA Holiday Style Little Flyers
May Arts Burlap String - Red
Textured Cardstock - Leaf
Prima Holiday Flowers - Crimson
Magic Mount
Other: Ink, Dymo Label

Hope your New Years Day has been a good one.
Happy Scrapping.

No comments: